Asia-Tropical:, Borneo present; Jawa (Jawa present); Malaya (Peninsular Malaysia present); Philippines (Philippines present); Sumatera (Sumatera present) Luzon: present
Malesia: Sumatra, Peninsular Malaysia, Java, Borneo, Philippines (Luzon).
Specimens from the Peninsula Malaysia have a rather regular venation, and small sori regularly in two rows between the veins, the rows clearly slanted upwards, following the pattern of the veins. Specimens from other localities have larger sori, more often in alternating rows between the veins, resulting in rows apparently slanted downwards, across the pattern of the veins.
Microsorum sarawakense in Bull. Fan Mem. Inst. Biol. 4: 295. 1933
- ≡Polypodium sarawakense in Adansonia 22: 228. 1887
- ≡Pleopeltis sarawakensis in Bull. Dép. Agric. Indes Néerl. 27: 4. 1909
- ≡Neocheiropteris sarawakense in Sandakania 9: 81. 1997
- Unknown type category: Hose 125.
- =Polypodium forbesii in Bull. Dép. Agric. Indes Néerl. 18: 23. 1908
- ≡Pleopeltis forbesii in Bull. Dép. Agric. Indes Néerl. 27: 5. 1909